Sunday 19 July 2009

On the road again!

Now I am in Paris, just for the night. I leave for Belgium in the morning! I am so excited to be on the road again, tomorrow is the beginning of my 'Busabout' adventure, a 7 week journey through Europe.
I got to Paris fine although had a close call on the way to the hostel when a man started hassling me in French outside the Metro, luckily though a very nice young guy across the road noticed and ran over asking if there was a problem. I presume he told the guy to piss off and then he gave me directions to the hostel and a smile. He was very kind and it leaves a warm fuzzy feeling in me knowing that there are some people in this world who will look out for you, even if they never met you. It was a relief to get inside the hostel and be greeted by a smile from reception and to be surrounded with chatter at the bar.
I love the hostel environment and am so glad to be in them again finally, I've already met some really nice Americans in my dorm who have been travelling since May, we had a good old yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment