Monday 17 August 2009

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic.

View from Castle.

Entrance to the Town.

Castle tower.

In the Castle.

The Castle bear!

Cesky Krumlov was quite possibly my favorite place yet! I was breathtakingly beautiful and really relaxing. The hostel there is now my favorite hostel, it is an original 16th Century hospice, we slept in the attic which still has its original wooden beams. They offered plenty of activities like horse riding, kickboarding down the mountain, a selection of DVDs and a "pub crawl" on a raft!
The rafting was sooooo much fun!! There was a crew of 6. I was "Captain Beard" and I had my "Skipper Dreadlocks", and pirate crewman and wenches! It was a great adventure on a beautiful clear day, the water was lush and the woods were beautiful. I waved our flag (my shirt tied to a stick) as we drifted down to three shanties that served cold Czech beer along the way, by the third shanty I was no longer able to wave our flag.
The castle of Cesky Krumlov is the second largest of the Czech Republic after Prague, it is a leisure castle so just for a holiday, thats my kind of holiday house, one day I will have my own Castle for a getaway. This castle had much more character than the one in Prague, it was very beautiful and it even had a bear pit!! Bears are awesome!
Once again the food was fantastic, more Bohemian feasts served by friendly Czech people wearing bohemian style attire.

1 comment:

  1. I want to be in Cesky!!! That first picture is beautiful, looks like the perfect setting for a fairytale. Gave me a few goosebumps I have to admit!

    ReplyDelete